Any type of renovation is definitely a daunting task unless you appoint a professional team to handle the remodeling work. There are plenty of companies that offer bathroom remodeling in Ohio at a competitive price. This is not something that you do every year so before you start working on it, keep a few things in mind so that your remodeling can be overwhelming. There are some useful tricks for improving drainage, storage, and lighting to ensure that a sophisticated bathroom stands out distinctively.
- Plumbing: It should be the first thing to consider when you are renovating your bathroom. To avoid water clogging it is always better to choose 2-inch pipes for drains. Most of the times hair and gunk are responsible for creating a clog in the drain. Increase the drain pipe to curb the chances of any such clogs. If you are living in an area where the temperature drops below freezing point, you need to take precaution in advance. Make sure that your water lines are not routed through the exterior wall.
- Storage: When you are rebuilding your bathroom make proper use of the area and turn it into a lavish space. You can add a cabinet where you can keep your toiletries. You can also consider a drawer storage if the bathroom is spacious.
- Lighting: Remodeling does mean total replacement of the old set up. Innovative lighting may do the trick and that too at a low cost. You can place recessed light fixtures to illuminate your bathroom. Consider two lights for your mirror that you normally use to shave. Whether you choose an aesthetic or functional mirror lights, make sure they are placed properly to increase the visibility. Don’t forget to install a dimmer switch to change the mood in your restroom.
- Shower: If your bathroom is enough spacious, you can consider two-person shower for your residence. With thoughtful planning, you can make a walk-in shower that can offer you a relaxing spa- treatment. You can always opt for a curbless shower to move in and out of the shower safely. Whatever model or design you choose don’t forget to pay attention to your shower sills. Make sure it is sloped properly so that water can’t stay long on the grout lines.
- Floor: Gone are those days when bathroom tiles used to be typically large. Now modern people stick to smaller tiles preferably textured for the shower. Moreover, the cost for the smaller tiles is negligible so you can easily consider it if you are planning any renovation.
- Bathtub or shower: Many people often get confused when they are asked to choose between tub and shower. We normally renovate our place to stay there, and not just for the future buyers. Even if you live in your apartment for another three years, make sure the change is worth for yourself.
The first thing that you need to consider is the budget and then start working accordingly. Those who go for bathroom renovation often look for kitchen remodeling in Ohio if that comes under their budget. It’s actually wise to finish two impending works at the same time by the same service provider.
Alena Brown is known to provide unmatched designs for rooms, kitchen, and bathroom. Her works get published in many magazines.